October 17, 2011

Tracking The Source

I am currently writing an essay for class and The Triple Helix; currently, I am gathering quotes and their sources.  The paper I am writing is about Anonymity and Persistent Identities, which I've written about before last year.

But something has changed from last year to this year.

Tracking down a quote is ridiculous now-a-days.  With so many people blogging and posting articles, trying to find the original source of a quote is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

Take for example the following quote:

 I think anonymity on the Internet has to go away... People behave a lot better when they have their real names down. ... I think people hide behind anonymity and they feel like they can say whatever they want behind closed doors.

 This is a quote from Randi Zuckerberg, which I originally found on CBS News.  But it doesn't start there.  No.  CBS News got the story from ZDNet.  But wait, that's not the end.  ZDNet got the story from The Huffington Post.  And finally, The Huffington Post's source is:
a panel discussion about social media hosted by Marie Claire magazine.

Finally, the source.  Ok, so is there a transcript of this or original video of this panel discussion?


I can't find a single transcript or video of the original panel discussion.  Only video responses and tonnes of blog posts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment